Friday, August 1, 2008

中华 (Chinese) channel in Korea

7/16/2008

As mentioned before, there is a Chinese channel, which shows news from China, and entertainment programs from China and Taiwan. Lately, because of the Olympics, many people are touring/visiting China. I’ve seen a program that teaches the Koreans/foreigners how to bargain when in China. The 3 hosts are Korean, they invites some Chinese people on the show to teach them how to bargain in Chinese and then they would go out to different shops in China and practice using the same phrases and see what kind of deal they can get. I thought it’s pretty interesting. Later on, I saw an American host who basically does the same thing and teach people how to bargain, the only difference was she bargain in English instead of having to learn Chinese. Surprisingly, she was able to get the price she budgeted at the end. Most Chinese store owners/salesman know the basic numbers in English, and or they would take out a calculator and communicate that way.

No comments: